By joining your local department, you’re afforded the chance to truly make a difference in your community. This is your opportunity to get involved in something rewarding and meaningful. You’ll find out what it takes to be a volunteer firefighter, to have the courage to act, the ability to perform.
As a member of the volunteer fire service, not only do you get the satisfaction of helping others, but you get free training, tuition assistance and other great benefits. You become part of a new family, a brotherhood and sisterhood unlike any you’ve ever known.Other potential benefits of becoming a volunteer firefighter include but are not limited to:
- Training – Utilizing the latest equipment and techniques.
- State Income Tax Benefits – $200 for individuals. $400 for couples who file jointly.
- Free Health Checkups – Provided annually at no cost to volunteers.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance – The same affordable plans available to municipal employees.
- Scholarships and Tuition Reimbursement – For volunteers meeting certain requirements.
- Service Awards – Formal recognition tied to length of service.